Catalytic Converter Theft is on the rise once again.. Soaring metals costs are the main reason behind the increase in Catalytic converter thefts across the country. Catalytic converters contain precious metals such as platinum, palladium, and rhodium. The theft is a quick process that can take less than two minutes to remove the converter from beneath a vehicle.
Etching a driver’s license number or VIN or other unique identification deep into the metal shell of the converter itself can discourage the professional thief and cause them to go on to steal someone else’s more vulnerable converter. Marking a converter this way can also aid law enforcement in catching the crooks. Use this system to Indelibly mark expensive wheels, Catalytic Convertors, or any other bare metal components.
- The latest technology Thermal Stencil Printer
- Free Software to print stencils ($189 value) which can be used to etch the VIN on the glass as well
- Black Box Metal Etch Machine with required chemicals and supplies
- 1,000 Thermal Stencils (Typically use 1 or 2 stencils per vehicle)
- Bar Code Scanner for scanning VIN from vehicle or paperwork
- Laptop in the photo is optional